Accompanying image Simpkinson de Wesselow (1819-1906) Plate 47 Mount Dromedary V.D.L October 19th 48 Looking towards Dromedary from a point on the north western slopes of Gunner's Quoin, the two halves of the Bridgewater Causeway over the Derwent River can be seen beyond Herdsman's Cove. Work on the connecting bridge is recorded as having begun in January 1848 but this October view shows no evidence of real progress. The house on the hill was part of a property later known as 'Mount Pleasant'. Only its foundations now remain.
M.Angus Simpkinson de Wesselow Landscape Painter in Van Diemens Land and Port Phillip District 1844-1848 Bludder Head Press Hobart 1984